2-Hour Virtual Seminar
2-Hour Virtual Seminar on Mastering Excel Pivot Tables
Webinar ID: 500007
More Trainings by this Expert
You will learn the following in this webinar, The quickest and best ways to create PivotTables and Pivot Charts, including these capabilities: The following subjects will be covered in detail:
The following subjects will be covered in detail:
Why should you Attend:
- How to compare two or more fields in a variety of layout styles
- How to sort and filter results
- How to perform ad-hoc grouping of information
- How to use Slicers instead of filters to identify which field elements are displayed
- How to drill down to see the details behind the summary
- How to categorize date/time data in multiple levels
- How to create a Pivot Chart that is in sync with a PivotTable
- How to add calculated fields to perform additional analysis
- How to hide/reveal detail/summary information with a simple click
- How to deal with dynamic source data and the "refresh" concept
- How to create a PivotTable based on data from multiple worksheets
Excel has a variety of tools like sorting, filtering, and subtotal to manage large lists of data, but if you need to analyze all that data and do it quickly, there's no better feature than a PivotTable. You can quickly create a compact summary report (based on tons of data) without needing to write complex formulas or rely on lengthy techniques.
The PivotTable feature is perhaps Excel's best analytical tool and in addition to its speed, you get amazing flexibility and dynamism that let you quickly change the data interrelationships you're viewing. Most PivotTable users discover that the feature is relatively easy to learn, but not so easy if you are simply seeing the instructions on the printed page; this is a visually-oriented feature based on displaying fields in different locations. You'll be amazed to see how, in very little time, you can create a complete summary report with tons of data and you won't even need to write formulas and rely on obscure techniques.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- Pre-requisites for source data - preparing data so that it can be analyzed by PivotTables
- Creating a PivotTable with a minimum number of steps, including the Recommended PivotTables option
- Manipulating the appearance of a PivotTable via dragging and command techniques
- Using Slicers to accentuate fields currently being shown (and which ones are not)
- Using the new (in Excel 2013) Timeline feature
- Creating ad hoc and date-based groupings within a PivotTable
- Quickly create and manipulate a Pivot Chart to accompany a PivotTable
- Excel users who are familiar with PivotTable concepts, but need expanded techniques to analyze lists of data
- Anyone needing to know how to create PivotTables from multiple sources, use Slicers, Timelines, Calculated Fields, and Conditional Formatting will benefit from this course
Dennis Taylor has worked extensively with Microsoft Excel since the mid-1990s. He's traveled the United States and Canada presenting seminars and classes to help attendees unlock the full potential of Excel.
Accomplishments: Dennis has authored and presented nearly 700 webinars on various Excel topics in the past 11 years. He has also produced numerous Excel courses on video, CD, and DVD and has taught more than 500 seminars and over 5,000 classes on the subject. Dennis is the author/presenter of over 200 hours of online Excel courses available at LinkedIn Learning. Dennis also authored Teach Yourself Microsoft Office 2000 and coauthored five other titles in this field.
He's taught for numerous corporations, government agencies and colleges and universities, including: Northrop-Grumman, Raytheon, Levi Strauss, Chevron, BP, IBM, Apple, Driscoll's, Amgen, AT&T, Qwest, Anheuser-Busch, Starz-Encore, University of Phoenix, University of Colorado, US Department of Labor, Bureau of Land Management, Great-West Life Insurance, Texaco, Lexmark, Time-Warner, Environmental Protection Agency, National Seminars, and the Cities of Denver, Boulder, Longmont, and Westminster, CO.