4-Hour Virtual Seminar
4-Hour Virtual Seminar on Managing Large Amounts of Data with Excel Charts, Power Query, Pivot Tables, and PowerPivot
Webinar ID: 501181
More Trainings by this Expert
In today’s world, there are a ton of data to manage. Data is coming from many different sources. It is very important to be able to process that data quickly and then summarize it into meaningful information. Many companies have reduced their IT staff, so more and more, it is up to each person to deal with all of this data. This seminar will show you how to take large amounts of data from many sources and processes into great reports.
In this course, you will learn how to take all of your raw data and quickly turn that data into easy-to-use flexible summary reports using Pivot Tables and Charts. We will start with the basics and build up to more complex pivot tables. Many people struggle with how to create Pivot Tables, or maybe they don’t even know what they can do, or maybe they think they are too difficult.
This course will also show you how to import your data and clean up your data using PowerQuery.
Why you should Attend:
I’m going to show you what they are, how to use them, and that they are not difficult, and they can give you tremendous results. We will then make Pivot Charts, to graphically show the data. Then, we will add sorts, filters, slicers, and timelines to create a very easy-to-use, but very powerful dashboard that can give you instant results, and allow you to slice and dice your data any which way. You and your staff will be instantly more productive in Excel.
These techniques will work cross-industry, with any type of data. You will find it to be clear and concise and right to the point, and you will be able to apply these techniques to your own data immediately after the session. This course also includes powerful new tools, PowerQuery and PowerPivot, which can take your data even further.
Who Will Benefit:
- Creating a chart from Excel data
- Customizing a chart
- Adding Data Labels, Titles, and Trendlines
- Using a Trendline to Do a Projection into the Future
- Formatting a chart
- Linking an Excel chart to Word, PowerPoint, or Outlook
- Pie Charts
- Combo Charts
- Saving a re-using a chart template
- Getting started with Pivot Tables
- Drill down
- Managing the Field List
- Changing the value field settings
- Growing the Pivot Table
- Sorting and Filtering
- Creating a report by day, month, qtr, and year
- Updating the pivot table with new data
- Adding your own calculations
- The power of the filter sections
- Consolidated Pivot Tables
- Importing data from Excel into PowerQuery - normal data
- Splitting & Merging Columns in the PowerQuery
- Calculate age in the PowerQuery
- Adding Custom Calculations in PowerQuery
- Importing data from a website into the PowerQuery
- Refreshing the data in PowerQuery
- Importing data from Excel into PowerQuery - formatted tables
- Importing Access, SQL Server, and text files into PowerQuery
- Append Queries
- GroupBy Queries
- Merge Queries
- More Calculations including a conditional column in PowerQuery
- Activating PowerPivot
- Exploring the PowerPivot menus
- Starting the Pivot Table from PowerPivot
- Managing Table Relationships
- Slicers & Timelines in PowerPivot
- Using Sets in PowerPivot
- Importing Data directly into the PowerPivot
- Measures & KPIs in PowerPivot
- Business Owners
- CEO's / CFO's / CTO's
- Managers of all levels
- Anybody who uses Excel on a regular basis, and wants to be more efficient and productive
- Office Workers
Tom Fragale is a computer professional with over 30 years of professional experience. He is a Microsoft Certified Trainer, and a Microsoft Certified Expert in Excel. He has trained over 30,000 business people in on-line webinars, public seminars, and on-site training.
His clients include many Fortune 500 companies, government agencies, military bases, and companies large and small across many industries, including manufacturing, banking, pharmaceutical, education, retail, etc. He started his career as a database application programmer and has served as a consultant and project manager on many successful projects.
His topics of expertise include: Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Crystal Reports, SQL Server, Visio, QuickBooks, and SharePoint, among others. His passion is training people and helping people get the most out of their computers, and he is a published author having written a book on Microsoft Access. He graduated in 1988 from LaSalle University in Philadelphia, PA with a BA in Computer Science.