Excel Formulas and Functions
Wednesday, August 17, 2022
10:00 AM PDT | 01:00 PM EDT
Webinar ID: 500666
More Trainings by this Expert
Live: One Dial-in One Attendee
Corporate Live: Any number of participants
Recorded: Access recorded version, only for one participant unlimited viewing for 6 months ( Access information will be emailed 24 hours after the completion of live webinar)
Corporate Recorded: Access recorded version, Any number of participants unlimited viewing for 6 months ( Access information will be emailed 24 hours after the completion of live webinar)
Excel has over 450 functions - a potent set of power tools that simplifies certain kinds of formulas and gives you a huge number of computational possibilities. Many Excel functions provide extended analytical capabilities and open the door to more efficient use of Excel.
This session gives you perspective on what functions are available and explains (with extensive examples) how to use many of them, including the IF function (with AND and OR), the powerful lookup functions -VLOOKUP, MATCH, and their important and more robust replacements - XLOOKUP and XMATCH. Examples of selected Date, Statistical, Financial, Mathematical, and TEXT functions will also be presented, as well as some of the new dynamic array functions - UNIQUE, SORT, and FILTER.
Why should you Attend:
Working with formulas and functions in Excel is absolutely critical to building powerful financial and analytical worksheets and is the most important skill set for many Excel users. It's essential for Excel users who need to unleash the power of this software to learn more about Excel functions, formula concepts, and invaluable shortcuts. This session presents in-depth coverage of specific formulas and functions, as well as provides attendees with the perspective they need to understand the scope and depth of these critical Excel features.
All examples will be presented within the context of Excel worksheets based on real-life examples encountered over the past 25 years of Excel consulting and teaching experience.
With so many functions, it's no easy task to know which functions are available and which ones you might have overlooked. Numerous productivity tips, shortcuts, and accelerator tools will be presented throughout the session.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- Learn how to look up information in tables and reconcile different lists using VLOOKUP and XLOOKUP function; for specialized lookup needs, learn to use the XMATCH and INDEX functions
- Learn how to use selected Text functions to extract and manipulate character and numerical data for sorting and analytical purposes
- Learn how to build 3-D formulas to tabulate data totals from multiple worksheets
- Learn how to harness the power gained from using multiple functions in a nested fashion
- Learn how and when to use the capabilities of the COUNTIF family of functions and newer functions -AGGREGATE, ARABIC, ISFORMULA, and FORMULATEXT
- Learn how to use the powerful IF function and the related AND and OR functions for programming-like capability
- Learn how the latest Excel upgrades include the powerful UNIQUE, SORT, and FILTER functions and how newer formula-handling capabilities make Excel even more powerful than before.
- Any Excel user who needs to go beyond the basics of using formulas or simply wants to become more comfortable and productive in using Excel formulas and functions
Dennis Taylor has worked extensively with Microsoft Excel since the mid-1990s. He's traveled the United States and Canada presenting seminars and classes to help attendees unlock the full potential of Excel.
Accomplishments: Dennis has authored and presented nearly 700 webinars on various Excel topics in the past 11 years. He has also produced numerous Excel courses on video, CD, and DVD and has taught more than 500 seminars and over 5,000 classes on the subject. Dennis is the author/presenter of over 200 hours of online Excel courses available at LinkedIn Learning. Dennis also authored Teach Yourself Microsoft Office 2000 and coauthored five other titles in this field.
He's taught for numerous corporations, government agencies and colleges and universities, including: Northrop-Grumman, Raytheon, Levi Strauss, Chevron, BP, IBM, Apple, Driscoll's, Amgen, AT&T, Qwest, Anheuser-Busch, Starz-Encore, University of Phoenix, University of Colorado, US Department of Labor, Bureau of Land Management, Great-West Life Insurance, Texaco, Lexmark, Time-Warner, Environmental Protection Agency, National Seminars, and the Cities of Denver, Boulder, Longmont, and Westminster, CO.