Supervising a Human Error Free Environment: You can do a Lot More than you Think
Webinar ID: 501047
More Trainings by this Expert
Human error is known to be the major cause of quality and production losses in many industries.
Although it is unlikely that human error will ever be totally eliminated, many human performance problems can be prevented. Human errors start at the design stage. From procedures, training, supervision, and workplace environment many variables that affect human behavior CAN be manipulated reducing the likelihood of these occurrences.
To work with these challenges it is really important to understand human behavior and the psychology of error as well as understand exactly where the system's weaknesses are, so they can be improved and/or fixed. This course offers practical approaches for supervision on the floor, strategies to get your group in sync, and approach issues in GMP-related environments by using a specific methodology to correct, prevent and avoid the re-occurrence of these issues.
Why should you Attend:
This training would provide tools that can be implemented and used after this event. This includes practical tools. We will discuss why supervision is so important in reducing and preventing human error. Supervision approaches, near root causes, and root causes for supervision-related errors will address the main 5 elements to assure an error-free environment.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Background on Human Error Phenomena
- What is Human Error
- Importance of Human Error Prevention/reduction
- Supervision and human error
- Facts about human error caused by supervisors and how to avoid it
- When operator error is the Root Cause?
- How is Human Error controlled by supervision?
- Common mistakes: Memory failures, Overconfidence, Visual Detection, and Vigilance Effectiveness and how supervision can help improve these
- Types of error
- Human error rates and measurement
- Trending and tracking
- CAPA Effectiveness
Who Will Benefit:
- Understand human error: factors and causes
- Understand the importance of supervision in creating a highly reliable group for both regulatory and business compliance
- Discuss issues related to supervision and how to avoid traps that will allow errors to occur
- Identify Root Causes and CAPA associated with supervision.
- Learn how to measure human error rates at your department and keep track of metrics
- Identify what I can do to support human reliability at the site
- Supervisors, Managers and Directors
- Plant Engineering
- QA/QC Staff
- Process Excellence/Improvement Professionals
- Industrial/Process Engineers
- Compliance Officers
- Regulatory/Legislative Affairs Professionals
- General/Corporate Counsel
Ginette Collazo, Ph. D. is an Industrial-Organizational Psychologist with 20 years of experience that specializes in Engineering Psychology and Human Reliability, disciplines that study the interaction between human behavior and productivity. She has held positions leading training and human reliability programs in the Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Manufacturing Industry.
Nine years ago, Dr. Collazo established Human Error Solutions (HES), a Florida based boutique consulting firm, where she has been able to position herself as one of the few Human Error Reduction Experts in the world. HES, led by Dr. Collazo, developed a unique methodology for human error investigations, cause determination, CA-PA development and effectiveness that has been implemented and proven amongst different industries globally. This scientific method has been applied in critical quality situations and workplace accidents.
She is the author of the book Human Error: Root Cause Determination Model, published in 2008. She is also a speaker at significant events like Interphex, FDAnews Annual Conference, Global Conference on Process Safety, International Conference on Applied Human Factors and Ergonomics, and of course, Pharmaceutical Industry Association.